Saturday, May 26, 2012

Buffalo Summer Concerts 2012

The summer concert season in Buffalo will kick off in less than a month. The past two weeks have been filled with concert announcements, and more local venues will add to the list soon. One of the best parts of summer in Buffalo is the abundance of FREE and low cost shows featuring well known acts. 

I decided to make a master list of summer shows at as many of the local venues that I could come up with. I will add to it as more get released. If you would like something added to this list, drop me an e-mail at
ksondel@hotmail.com, and I'll make sure it gets up. 

If you only have time for one or two concerts this summer, I highly suggest getting down to one of the Buffalo Place Rocks the Harbor concerts. They have a tremendous atmosphere with a gorgeous view of Buffalo. 


In no particular order, here is my list of summer concerts (click on the links to be directed to the full schedule):


Thursday In The Square
- my top pick is Matthew Nathanson on August 23rd, but there is no way I'll be waiting that long to get down there. 

Buffalo Place Rocks The Harbor 
- I kind of had a thing for LL Cool J in high school. While I can't remember the last time I dusted off my CD and played selections from G.O.A.T., I think this concert will be a fun way to close out the summer (Sept 1). Local band moe. is a great bet too (June 30th)!

Artpark Tuesdays in the Park
- While they added a fee for these shows this year, you really can't beat $5 presale, $10 at the door.

Wednesdays at Artpark
- Last summer O.A.R. played while I was on my road trip down south with three of my best friends. I was really excited to see they will be back again this year for another FREE show on August 1st. Counting down the days!

Darien Lake
- While these concerts may be out of your summer price range, they offer a great selection (heavy on country). I'll be there to see one of my favorites Dave Matthews on July 3rd!

Hard Rock Concert Series, Niagara Falls
- I went to see Our Lady Peace last summer, and while it was a pretty crazy experience, it was free, and it made for a lot of stories to tell with my boyfriend. 

Labatt Canal Concert Series, Lockport
- While I've never checked out a summer concert at this venue, I've heard good things, and if anything, it's a good excuse to go to Lake Effect Icecream! The summer schedule includes Tea Party, Eddie Money, Theory of a Dead Man, and more!


M & T Plaza Event Series - These concerts are great if you work downtown. Enjoy music on your lunch hour from 12-1pm. 

Get outside this summer and enjoy one of the many perks of living in Buffalo!!

Two shots from summer concerts I went to last year:



Hard Rock Niagara Falls featuring Our Lady Peace, July 2011 (right) and
Buffalo Place Rocks the Harbor featuring Great Big Sea, August 2011


Last update 5/26/12

No comments:

Post a Comment