Monday, May 30, 2011

The Globe Market on Elmwood

I was first introduced to The Globe Market last winter when my boyfriend brought it over for lunch. I kinda fell in love. It was December so we had soup and it was pretty awesome. I also had a turkey sandwich and it really hit the spot.

The first time I actually went to The Globe Market was Memorial Day 2011. The location on Elmwood is great, and the building is cute. Outdoors there are a handful of tables and chairs and a cute small garden.

I ordered the spinach salad - spinach, orange pieces, bleu cheese crumbles, red onion slices and carmalized walnuts. It was $7.75 and it was absolutely delicious and refreshing on the hot Buffalo day.

The other two guests in my party (Geoffrey and Jacob) ordered the Cuban Reuben and Grilled Cheese (off the kids menu). Geoffrey raves about the Cuban Reuben saying it is one of his favorite sandwiches, and Jacob gave the grilled cheese his seal of approval (and he loved the colored chips that came with it!!)

There's really no downside to this spot. It's the perfect quick lunch spot, the price is right, and it's delicious :)

If you are shopping or walking on Elmwood and want to grab something quick to eat, it should be your first stop!

And, when the winter rolls around, make sure you stop in and grab their soups. They are (in my opinion) the best in Buffalo!



For more reviews on The Globe Market, check out:

Globe Market on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment