Wednesday, February 27, 2013

CALL FOR ACTION: "Spring It On" WNY!

On Friday, March 1st, the United Way of Buffalo & Erie County is asking all Western New Yorkers to support their favorite not-for-profits! 

This 24 hour online fundraiser will help support 182 local organizations. With 182 organizations to choose from, I found it hard to decide who to donate to. To help me decide, I put out a challenge to my Twitter followers yesterday and said that the first three who tweeted at me, I'd make a donation. 

The organizations I will be supporting on Friday are: Hospice Buffalo, Veterans One-Stop Center of Western New York and the Belle Centre. In addition, the organization I work for, Deaf Adult Services will also receive a donation from me. 

I would like to put a challenge, a "CALL TO ACTION", to all my readers...consider making at least ONE donation, whatever amount you can afford, to one of these deserving organizations. After you make a donation, tweet me @lovinonbuffalo OR post on Lovin' On Buffalo's Facebook page and you will be entered to win one of THREE Buffalo themed prizes!!!

It only takes a few minutes to input your information on the website and your donation will directly support Western New York and the people who live here. 

Let's see how much money Lovin' On Buffalo readers can generate for the Western New York community. I know we can help make a difference!!!

Here is the general website for Friday's "Spring It On": http://fundraise.springiton.org/events/spring-it-buffalo-niagaras-day-giving/e22699 

REMEMBER, donations are only being accepted on Friday, March 1st from 12:00am - 11:59pm. 

We have 24 hours WNY, let's make it count!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment