Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sweetness 7 on Parkside in Buffalo

Have you ever driven past a place a thousand times and keep saying, "I have to check that place out sometime", but still haven't? For me, that place has been Sweetness 7 on Parkside in Buffalo. I literally drive past it everyday to and from work and finally on my lunch hour when I was running an errand I parked the car and walked in!

It is located on the corner of Parkside and Russell (across the street from The Buffalo Zoo). There is no parking lot, so you need to park on the street. The building is super cute and when you get inside you instantly feel comfortable. When I walked in there were a handful of patrons at tables working away on their laptops or reading books. The girl behind the counter greeted me right away and was extremely helpful when I asked her what half the drinks were and what pastries she recommended. I settled on The London Fog - Earl Grey tea with vanilla cream and a whipped top! (It was absolutely delicious, but too much caffeine for my body! I knew it would be, but I wanted to try something the general public would enjoy) The counter also has various pastries, cookies and quiche, and I settled on a blueberry muffin (but everything really looked great).

After I left and got back to my office I hopped online and checked out their website: www.sweetness7.com. Owner Prish Moran was out for a walk on a spring day in 2007 and stumbled upon the building on the corner of Grant/Lafayette (where the original Sweetness 7 Cafe is located). She fell in love with it, and bought it that same day! What an awesome story! Through time she restored it, fell in love with the neighborhood and decided she didn't want to leave so she opened the coffee bar! The Parkside location is newer, it has only been open for about a year.

I haven't stopped over to the original location yet, but I can already tell that the one on Parkside will soon grow to be my "go to" spot when I need to get out of the house to work on this blog, read, or just take a break from the madness of my days. It is the perfect, quiet, quaint spot to unwind, meet some friends, or get to know someone on a first date.

What makes the Parkside location different from Grant is that they make absolutely AMAZING crepes (for dine in only). They are a little pricy (most are in the $9 range), but are worth the cost! Other prices are pretty comparable with Starbucks (meh!) and other chains. Pastries range from $1.00 - $3.50 and the most expensive drink is $4.00. A basic coffee will run you $2.00 at the most (for a "ginormous" cup). They also offer lunch fare including panini's, wraps, salads and soups.

If you are looking for a good "getaway" spot when you need a break from the hustle and bustle of day to day life, please, please, stop by Sweetness 7 and treat yourself to something delicious. They have free Wi-Fi for customer use as well!

I guess the moral of this blog is, finally STOP and try that place you've been meaning to out. Odds are, especially in Buffalo, it will be worth it!


For more reviews on Sweetness 7, check out:

Sweet_ness 7 Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment