Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Koi Sushi in Williamsville

I love the concept of Groupon. It's the perfect way to market your business and get people in the doors. I bought a handful of Groupons in the past few months, including one to Koi Sushi in Williamsville. I had previously tried to order from Koi Sushi when I was teaching at Curves in the same plaza (they are located on Hopkins across the street from Williamsville North High School). I walked down there after a class to get some take out, and they were closed for remodeling. When I saw the Groupon pop up this month, I was excited to finally try it out.

The restaurant is small. There are no more than 10ish tables in the restaurant and the space itself is pretty simple. Our waitress greeted us promptly and tried to woo us into getting the "all you can eat" sushi special for $22.95 a person, but we asked for the regular dinner menus instead. I was hungry, and almost thought I could eat my way through $22.95 worth of sushi, but chose to pick a few different items out instead.

They have a huge menu of traditional and specialty rolls, starters and kitchen entrees as well. It was honestly hard to narrow down and my boyfriend and I went back and forth a handful of times deciding what we were going to have.

This is what we settled on: Pork Gyoza, Yakiudon veggie stirfry noodles, California Roll, Shrimp Tempura Roll, Philadelphia Roll, and Spicy Tuna Crunchy Roll. Everything was reasonably priced and on par with every other sushi place I have been to. The rolls average around $5 each and the Yakiudon was $9.

Everything listed above was delicious, although the California roll didn't blow either of us away. We really enjoyed our Pork Gyoza and the Yakiudon noodles were awesome. The sushi all came out on one big plate so it was easy to share! I hardly ever get anything tempura, but thought I'd splurge and it was delicious! I'm not a spice fan, but my boyfriend really enjoy the spicy roll as well.

My only gripe about the restaurant is their website. Online some of the items are listed a little cheaper and a lot of the items were not on the menu in the restaurant (ex: hibachi entrees). I was a little disappointed when I got there and a few things I saw online were not there.

They are open for lunch and dinner and offer lunch specials as well. They are open until 10pm (1030pm on Fri/Sat) and do deliver as well.

If you are a sushi lover looking for a new place to try out, Koi Sushi is worth the stop.


For more reviews on Koi Sushi, check out:

Koi Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment